Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress-related. And perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress. Massage is an effective tool for managing this stress, which translates into:
- Decreased anxiety.
- Enhanced sleep quality.
- Greater energy.
- Improved concentration.
- Increased circulation.
- Reduced fatigue.
Massage can also help specifically address a number of health issues.Bodywork may help to:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body's natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body's largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce post surgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body's natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.
Benefits of Basalt Stones
Dark Stones used for heating up to temperature of 135 degrees.
- Causes widening of the blood vessels (vasodilation)
- Increases circulation of the blood and lymph
- Increases immunity
- Increases metabolism
- Increases pulse rate
- Relaxes muscles
- Reduces muscle spasms
- Healing takes place more efficiently
- Ideal for chronic pain
Benefits of Marble Stones
White or Lighter Stones used chilled from about 40 degrees to 60 degrees
- Causes narrowing of the blood vessels (vasoconstriction)
- Analgesic effect
- Reduces inflammation
- Reduces histamine
- Suitable for acute pain
Benefits of Gemstones